<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d8211560\x26blogName\x3dTech+Tips,+Tricks+%26+Trivia\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://mvark.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://mvark.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-5147029996388199615', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tech Tips, Tricks & Trivia

by 'Anil' Radhakrishna
An architect's notes, experiments, discoveries and annotated bookmarks.

Search from over a hundred HOW TO articles, Tips and Tricks


This Week I Learned - Week #219

This Week I Learned -

* All newly created Azure SQL databases will automatically be protected with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE). TDE is SQL’s proven encryption-at-rest technology that is required by many compliance standards to protect against theft of storage media. Customers can manage the TDE encryption keys and other secrets in a secure and compliant management using Azure Key Vault - Azure Blog

* The Virtual Machines Readiness Assessment tool will automatically inspect your on-premises environment, whether it is physical or virtualized, and provide you with a check list and detailed report on steps you need to take to move your environment to the cloud.

* The free Virtual Machine Optimization Tool automatically inspects SQL Server, Active Directory, and SharePoint deployments and provides a detailed set of prioritized recommendations and step-by-step instructions for improvement. Aimed especially at IT pros, this tool is a companion to the Virtual Machine Readiness Assessment Tool - Azure Edu

Google's  Project Sunroof Data Explorer combines machine learning with imagery from Google Maps and Google Earth to provide an estimate of how many houses in an area have solar installations.

Alcohol consumption is illegal in Bihar, Gujarat, Lakshadweep, Manipur, Nagaland. Each state's Excise department also decides how many bottles of alcohol can be kept at home. A Mumbaikar can officially store 48 beer bottles of 650ml each at home or 24 wine bottles (750ml) or 16 hard liquor bottles (750 ml) for a month. India leads the world in the consumption of alcohol while the US, China, Russia and the UK have very high beer consumption. As much as 93% liquor consumption in india is of hard liquor if the pure alcohol content per litre is considered. Beer, on the other hand, makes up a mere 7%. Maharashtra is its largest producer of wine in India.

* A Ola cab can be booked not just from the app but also a desktop browser. If you're an existing user, it will show your past ride history

Kochi metro covering 13kms was built at a cost of Rs 5,181 crore and was built over 4 years.

* "We suffer more often in imagination than in reality" - Seneca

Labels: , ,

Tweet this | Google+ it | Share on FB

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

»

Post a Comment